PROPOSED APPOINTMENT OF A SALES TRAINING, COACHING AND MENTORING MANAGER : JUNE 2023
The Sales Training, Coaching and Mentoring Manager will report to the Finance Director of Belfast FM Ltd and will be will be responsible for implementing the company’s proposed Sales Training, Coaching and Mentoring Programme to support the sustainability of the station.
The person appointed will be required to:
- Quantify the skills required for volunteer sales roles and recruit accordingly from the volunteer cohort.
- Recruit and train 6 sales people per year from volunteer cohort in line with appropriate base skills and commitment capable of cascading training to new volunteers in the future thereby ensuring the sustainability of capability of Belfast 89FM to comply with Key Commitments
- Agree Sales Training, Coaching and Mentoring Manager KPIs with Belfast 89 Board with quarterly review
- Develop the pedagogy for F2F sales training
- Devise sales training programme for volunteers
- Develop training materials for F2F and B2B sales situation
- Develop sales resources for use with Agencies and SMEs
- To manage, mentor, encourage and monitor this team over the time period, setting targets and measurable objectives
- Provide 121 mentoring for sales volunteers
- To work closely with the board of directors to ensure all possible support is provided for the project
- Devise Assessment system – effectiveness of training – feedback
- Manage the existing system for processing prospects and their allocation to sales volunteers
- To maintain strong communications with the Management Team regarding sales and marketing ideas that could lead to additional revenue generation
- Report progress monthly to Belfast 89 Board Meetings
- At least two years’ experience in a sales training and management environment ideally in a Media related environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- IT literate – Microsoft Office environment, WordPress, Social Media management
- Well organised with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Self motivated, confident and outgoing
- Understanding and appreciation of Belfast 89’s vision and goals
- Awareness and knowledge of local print, radio and social media sectors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong initiative
- A good geographical knowledge of Belfast and local businesses
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Good organisational skills
- Time management
- Outgoing personality prepared to take a proactive position and interface with the Belfast 89FM volunteers
- An interest in the development of Community Radio and broadening the skills base of our volunteers.
Applications for the above post will be invited using the station website. This will be followed by a review of all applications by a three-person recruitment panel drawn from a member of the Belfast FM Ltd Board, an external HR professional and an independent training consultant. Those applicants deemed to best meet the requirements will go forward for interview by the same panel.